Mirrorless cameras have been on the market over the years, and the competition still continues specially with the style of photography.
With everyone having a camera on hand--from DSLRs, mirrorless, action to smartphone cameras, it is no doubt that photography is still on the game, but which camera is to use?
Sony gets serious with their phenomenal world's lightest interchangeable-lens digital camera--the α5000 (Alpha 5000).
Sony α5000 is easy to use. And is perfectly made to all type of photographers. If you're into full manual control of your camera and loves to capture RAW photography (just like me), this is the deal.
You can easily capture yourself by simply flipping the LCD screen up and fine-tune the composition. Whether you're alone or with someone else. Not only that, it has also a Soft Skin Effect which intelligently smoothes any wrinkles or dullness (can be turned ON or OFF).
You can also download new editing and shooting apps, upload photos wirelessly without a computer, and add the latest enhancements to your camera. (Availability of applications varies by country.)
Other key features:
- Style your camera with wide variety of Sony E-mount lenses to choose from
- The images are just as good as the quality of high-end cameras specially when capturing on a low light, long exposures, and even motion images. ISO 100-16000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-16000, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 100-6400 equivalent (1/3 EV step) / AUTO (ISO 100-6400 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Large 20.1 megapixel APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor® APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution and DSLR quality images with no penalty in low-light sensitivity or sensor noise.
- Again LOW LIGHT IS NOT A PROBLEM, ISO sensitivity—from 100 to 16000 ISO—to enable shooting in just about any setting.
- Convenient zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming even when shooting self-portraits.
- Can be shared easily. It features one-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera.
(Requires NFC-compatible Android device. If the mobile device is not compatible with NFC, the camera can still connect via Wi-Fi®)
- To top it, it optimize image quality for the type of scene you shoot whether you're doing Portrait, Macro, and Sports Action - yes, it reduces subject motion blur and noise.
To conclude, Sony α5000 is still remarkable despite of having a lot of competition in the market. Whether you're a traveler like me, since I love climbing the mountains, bringing a bulky camera sometimes hinders, good thing Alpha 5000 can actually fit our pockets. So whatever journey you are in photography, this compact and lightweight camera is a must-have. I can now capture everything that interests me, and shares it instantly. Sony α5000's price is also reasonable (affordable) not compromising the detailed quality of both the photo and video.